Monday, June 28, 2010

Lunch Tales Round 2

Today was another exhilirating lunch. I sat outside for the first 30 minutes and thought that this might be one of those rare, uneventful days, but alas, I thought too soon.

As soon as I went inside to join the girls, our dear intern came froliking into the kitchen with his half-eaten shrimp lomein. Turning to us, he proudly proclaimed "I went to prom on Thursday!" We all tried to avoid eye contact, but unfortunately, I was born with a heart, pesky little thing, and I was left to dry, all alone for the rest of the conversation which went a little something like this:


Intern: "I went to prom Thursday night!"

Me: (Looks around the room for help, sighs, then responds) "Did you have a nice time?"

Intern: "No. She doesn't get along with the Jericho kids and they made fun of her, so we left."

**Insert heart-wrenching awwww here**

Me: (Tender voice) "Aww, that's not nice. Did you tell her she looked pretty?"

Intern: "YES! She did. She was wearing a pink skirt, and do you know that Megan Fox? Well she has a tattoo that says 'We will all laugh at gilded butterflies', so she wrote it on her back in marker."

Me: (A huge cartoon-style question mark appears sprouting from the top right corner of my head. Confused, I have to think fast) "Oh, yeah. That's nice."

Intern: "Hey do you guys watch Twilight? I heard that the main character girl is terrible. My friends told me that in one scene, the two main guys are fighting over her and she is just standing there screaming "No, No" with her hands in her hair."

Me: (Quickly losing interest) "Yeah, I've seen it."


The intern soon realizes he has to get back to work and exits stage left. We all breath a sigh of relief. Then, in dramatic fashion, the kitchen door swings open. Looking at me, the intern exclaims:


"Hey Trish, the project you gave me is going to take me all summer. Thanks a lot!!!"


Door slams shut, intern exits.


No, my name is not Trish.

No comments:

Post a Comment