Wednesday, July 14, 2010

FML

I know, I know. I haven't blogged in a while. Some of the things that happen hear just can't even be put into words, so I have to save it for the time when people who don't work here may actually still get it.

I was fully engaged in a facebook stalking sesh when I realized it was already 12:40! (EEK I usually eat at 12, my stomach didn't even remind me!) So I went up and joined my co-workers for lunch. Approximately 10 minutes later, my favorite intern walks in. I haven't seen much of him lately because he has been working mornings at our vault, which is at another location in Manhattan and the second lunch crew enjoys baiting him in conversation rather than doing what we do (IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE!) so he thankfully chose to eat with them from now on.


For some reason he chooses to engage in coversation with me, which went down like this:


Intern: "Laura, I can't do any of the work you gave me because I will be at the Vault for the entire week next week." (Yes, he now calls me Laura)

Me: "Ugh, I don't think I approved that!" (I said jokingly)

Intern: "You don't get to approve anything...That's why you sit in a cublicle!"


Exit stage left.


Really? Did that intern just completely tell me off? And why is it that he is 100% right. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment