Thursday, July 8, 2010

Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?

I'm working on a presentation for work that requires me to provide a listing of states that we are approved to accept Medicaid in. So, after putting on my marketing cap, I thought it would be visually stimulating to get a handy dandy blank map from istockphoto and have our graphic guy color inthe 23 states. I sent him over the list, and he got to work.

A few hours later, the presentation is done and I send it off to my boss.

Later in the day, my boss calls me over and whispers "Umm, these are not the correct states. Can you print out a blank map and color them in for him, while I go cry?"

Yikes. So I ran back to my cubicle, printed out the blank version of the map, got my list of states and started coloring. I was astonished that a grown man would get this wrong (the reason I didn't double-check his work and simply imported it into my presentation). But then I got to Wyoming. Wyoming. Now where the heck is that pesky state!? Then came Missouri. Hmm, tricky. After about two more I gave up, googled a map of the US and copied the correct states.

After I was finished, I enrolled in Kindergarten for the Fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment